Government decides to eliminate subsidy of 12billions on electricity. After which electricity rate further increase by 2% however electricity which is coming from Turkey rental power plant broke records of high electricity. Resources told that subsidy which is given to PEPCO is eliminating in stages under programmes of IMF and within one year of 9 months 35% subsidy is eliminated, due to which government has benefit of 2trillions& 10billions. By elimination of subsidies electricity prices per unit for users is Rs.7 and 8paisa. According to resources rental power plant which is coming from Turkey is moving on French oil which is producing electricity at Rs.28 per unit. Resources told that due to high cost of French oil there is an increase in prices of fuel bill due to 3.5 times. According to agreement this plant has rent of Rs.6 per unit.
- NEPRA gave acceptance to inflate electricity price Rs.2.04 per unit
- Supreme Court will announce decision of Rental Power Plant case tomorrow
- Prime Minister rejected summary of 4% increase in electricity prices
- Government decides to inflate petrol, oil and gas prices from 1st August
- Government decides to inflate electricity prices to 15.6% from 1st October