Pakistan has voiced support for Arab peace plan in United Nation Security Council (UNSC). While participating in debate over Arab Leagues’ resolution in the UNSC, Islamabad’s permanent representative in the United Nations Abdullah Hussain Haroon said situation in Syria was cause of concern for everyone.He said that massacre of innocent people in Syria should be halted. Haroon expressed the hope that Arab League mission would resume soon for a peaceful end to the conflict.Bashar-al-Assad’s forces have carried out brutal crackdown against pro-democracy protesters in the uprising since March last year. According to reports, more than 5,000 people have been killed so far.
- Annan meeting with Assad to discuss Iran situation
- Kofi Annan will meet Syrian president today
- UN should speed the process of their mission in Syria: Arab League
- Syria: Attack on President Bashar Al-Assad electoral camp, 39 killed
- United Nations Security Council reached on temporary agreement for cease fire in Syria