The event is thus named after the place Lumbini, the birth place of Gautam Buddha.
The Festival is hugely popular in the state of Andhra Pradesh and lasts for three days. The Tourism Department of Andhra Pradesh organizes and plans the festival, its celebration, events, activities and other arrangements for thousands of tourists and pilgrims that gather here during this time.
- The Rayalaseema food and dance Festival
- Rajgir Dance Festival sms
- Lokranjan a tribal dance Festival
- Lokranjan sms wishes and greetings
- Buddha Poornima sms
- The Konkan Turtle Festival is organized
- It is also celebrated on the full moon day
- Apart from the religious significance